Avatrian Grid has been upgraded to the new code database based on the Opensimulator 0.6.9 which is the latest release. So far everything is running smoothly. Inventory access glitches have been minimized and all seems pretty stable. Here are some major list of changes from the core developers:
* Teleport offers implemented
* SQLite database adapter updated to work with Mono 2.6 and later (as well as Windows). Unfortunately, this will currently not work with Mac and Mono 2.6 due to missing symbols in the SQLite library bundled with Mac OS X. Mono 2.4 can still be used by switching to the legacy adaptor.
* Ability to populate the inventory library by placing IARs in bin/Library
* “Allowed Users” and “Allowed Groups” estate functionality added.
* Added implementations of llCollisionFilter, llPassCollision, llLoopSoundSlave, llLookSoundMaster, llTriggerSoundLimited, llPointAt, llStopPointAt, llGetCenterOfMass, llGroundRepel, llSetVehicleFlags, llRemoveVehicleFlags, llSetInventoryPermMask.
* Improvements to LSL functions including llDialog, llGetPrimitiveParams. llSetPrimitiveParams, llGetStatus, llSetStatus, llSetDamage, llDie, llLookAt, llParcelMediaCommandList.
* Scripts now receive a stream of touch events if the mouse button is held down on their containing prim.
* Terrain collision implemented.
* OpenSim.Tools.Configger.exe added to dump configuration as an .ini, .xml or .sql file.
* Avatar eyes and hair no longer remain white in standalone mode.
* Improvements to undo, redo, land undo.
* Improvements to attachments rezzing.
* Support for HTTP texture fetching.
* Fix console problem on startup of Grid.UserServer.exe with no existing config.
* Stop existing avatars appearing in the T-pose to those who have just logged in.
* Improvements to ground standing.
* Clothing in the inventory library should now have the correct icons
* Gestures saved to OARs/IARs
* OARs now save region settings
* Fixes for terrain editing problems in megaregions
* Ground sitting fixed
* Viewers now receive UUID of the broadcasting prim when chat originates from a script.
* Attempting to rez no-copy objects on no-rez parcels no longer cause the item to vanish from inventory.
* Prim to prim collisions improved.
* Resizing the console window in Mono no longer results in an exception flood.
* Various performance improvements
* Various stability improvements
Very satisfying upgrade indeed and will be looking forward to more improvements. Looks like Opensim development is doing pretty well and the plans of achieving Beta stage by 2011 is surely possible.
For those who haven’t upgraded there grids yet, you can download the binaries here http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download